At The Healthcare Hub we often have customers who are looking for support for an inguinal hernia. Our trained healthcare assistants are on hand to give advise and potential options.
What is an Inguinal Hernia?
An inguinal hernia is where part of the intestine or fatty tissue passes through fascia and pokes into the groin at the top of the inner thigh.
What are the symptoms of an Inguinal Hernia?
Like many conditions that affect the human body, symptoms can vary from one person to the next. However, common symptoms include:
- A bulge or swelling in the groin at the top of the inner thigh
- Coughing or straining can increase the size of the bulge
- Pain or discomfort in the groin region when lifting or bending
- Aching or burning in the groin
- A sensation of weakness, pulling or pressure in your groin/scrotal area
What do I do if I think I have a Hernia?
The advice is to seek advice from your general practitioner to obtain an accurate diagnosis. If a hernia is diagnosed then you will be advised on management and treatment options e.g. inguinal hernia repair.
How can the Healthcare Hub help?
The Hub has a large selection of specialist orthopaedic bracing and supports. If you are managing a hernia, the Hub has a number of products that can help. The most popular product being the hernia boxer shorts range. Our team of healthcare assistants will be able to give you guidance on sizing and product types during you visit.